The following includes all sources dedicated to the MMO past consulted during the creation of this project.
- Marks, Robert B. Everquest Companion: The Inside Lore of a Game World. Emeryville, CA: McGraw-Hill/Osborne, 2003.
- Mylonas, Eric, Linda Carlson, Anthony Garcia, Jeremy Gess, Steve Danuser, Tracy Seamster, and Noel Walling. Everquest II Atlas. Roseville, CA: Prima Games, 2006.
- Tyler, Melissa, lead writer. Everquest: The Ruins of Kunark: Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Roseville, CA: Prime Games, 2000.
- Winget, Megan A. (2011). “Collecting the Artifacts of Participation: Videogame Players, Fan-Boys, and Individual Models of Collection.” In Digital Media: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on History, Preservation, and Ontology, Megan Winget and William Aspray, Eds., pp. 27-72. New York: Scarecrow.
- Winget, Megan A. (2011). “Videogame Preservation and Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games: A Review of the Literature.” Journal of the American Society for Information Science & Technology: Advances in Information Science. Volume 62, Issue 10 pp. 1869-1883.
- Winget, Megan A. & Caitlin Murray. (2008). “Collecting and Preserving Videogames and Their Related Materials: A Review of Current Practice, Game-Related Archives and Research Projects.” [Long Paper] Annual Meeting of the American Society for Information Science & Technology (ASIS&T). Columbus, OH (October 24 – 29, 2008).